The Imperial School of Swordsmanship is based in Auckland, New Zealand. We practice the modern arts of swordplay and support them with a solid strength-training foundation. Our innovative program combines historical knowledge, modern sports coaching, and athletic training to give every student the tools they need to become a stronger, fitter, and well adept in the art of historical sword fencing. We are more than a club, we are a production company, being a part of Graphic Monk Ltd. We train Actors, Performers in the art of Stage Combat for Film, TV, Stage, Video Games, Augemented Reality. We are fully capable of coming onboard a production as a Fight Director, Fight Choreographer, Weapon Specialist, Fight Captain and Fight Trainer.
SwordFit is a unique and exciting way in to lose weight, burn fat, and tone muscle, more importantly to learn the age-old art of being a Knight, wielding a sword. Join us for a program that combines the age-old techniques of swordplay using specialized and authentically balanced training swords combined with modern physical conditioning science to create a program that exercises your mind and body.
- With our fitness and conditioning program you will:
- Build core strength, flatten your stomach, and increase your endurance
- Start a workout you can actually stick with
- Build a warrior’s physique while training like one
- Feel great about your health and overall well being
- Gain confidence in your abilities as a swordsman / maiden
- Develop a greater sense of your surroundings
- Gain better reflexes and reaction timing
Our program brings together the following elements:
- Swordplay and martial arts training – Wield weapons and learn true martial arts technique.
- Mobility, strength, and structure – Swordplay requires coordination, quickness, power, and stability, making it one of the most dynamic workouts you can find.
- Varied workouts – With martial techniques, circuit training, sword work and calisthenics, you will experience ever-changing workouts.
- Mental and physical – You will strengthen your body, engage your mind, and build your confidence.
A must for all performers and actors. Learn the basic skills to be a true swordsman while learning how to be safe, keep your partner safe, dramatization, and dramatic combat movement.