Thaitsuki is building the highest quality Japanese swords currently available.Thaitsukis are true handmade swords that are produced in very low volume, each component is hand crafted then fitted and assembled to create the finished katana or wakizashi. The end result is a sword that is a unique and functional work of art.
The Roiyaru Sanmai katana continues Thaitsuki tradition, with a hand forged and folded 1024 layer high carbon steel blade and top grade hand crafted furniture and silver fittings.
The sword is forged, folded, polished and sharpened entirely by hand, a rarity in this price range. This is simply one of the finest Japanese katana blades you will ever see. Silver handmade fittings and traditional light brown silk over an ivory rayskin tsuka with a flower motif round out this stunning sword.
The Japanese high carbon steel blade is clay coated, heat treated, hand polished and sharpened. It is forged in the Koto style and folded with 1024 layers and features a half bohi. Differentially tempered, the edge hardness is 60 HRC and the body hardness is 35HRC for correct flex and superb feel when cutting.
This premium katana will appeal to the practitioner seeking a high end cutting sword as well as serious collectors.
Thaitsuki Roiyaru Sanmai S03 KatanaHighlights:
- Hand forged and folded high carbon Japanese steel blade (1024 layers)
- Clay tempered and water quenched blade (HRC 60-35)
- Hand polished with excellent hada
- Hand sharpened sword
- Blackened brass tsuba
- Silver seppa and habaki
- Two layer wood saya with hand rubbed laquer finish
- Silver flower menuki
- Brass fuchi and kashira with silver flower motif
- Golden brown Japanese silk and black rayskin wrapped tsuka
- Black matte finish saya with silver kurikata and flower inlay
- Brown silk sageo and silver sayajiri
- Includes signed certificate with serial number
Thaitsuki Roiyaru Sanmai S03 Katana specifications:
- Overall: 41.5″ (104.1 cm)
- Blade: 29″ (74.93 cm)
- Tsuka: 11 1/2″ (27.94 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 pounds” (27.94 cm)
- Balance point 5″
Please note: This is a sharpened battle ready Japanese sword you must be at least 18 to order this katana