This very special katana comes to us from the Ryumon forge. This fully handmade sword starts with a blade of 1065 high carbon steel. The blade is sharpened and polished by the masters at ryumon and also has a Bo Hi. The handle is wrapped in top grade rayskin and is double pegged for security. The saya however is what steals the show here. The wooden saya is red and is engraved and hand painted with a beautiful phoenix scene which must be witnessed to be believed!
Ryumon Phoenix Katana Features:
- Hand forged 1065 High carbon steel blade with bo hi (fully sharpened)
- Vibrant hamon
- Iron tsuba with true front and back crane motif and gold details
- Black Japanese cotton tsuka ito and top grade rayskin wrapped handle (double pegged)
- Red matte finish wood saya with hand carved and and hand painted phoenix scene
- Heavy black sageo
- Comes complete with certificate of authenticity wall scroll, sword maintenance kit, reference guide, and sword bag.
- This is a fully functional high quality handmade katana
- Blade: 28″
- Handle: 10.5″
- Overall: 41.5″
- Weight: 2.5Lbs